This delicious chocolate cake will protect your intestines, as it is gluten free, diary free, and lectin free.
- 5 eggs of flaxseed fed hens (containing good omega3)
- 350g of almonds
- 100g of moscovado sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 4 table spoons of cocoa powder (100% cocoa)
- nothing more…
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C
- Blend up the almonds in your bullet blender – it’s ok if few almond chuncks remain, it will add a bit of crunchy feeling
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Mix the yolks with the sugar and stir
- Whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks
- In a big bowl, pour the mixed almonds, the sugar and yolks, and the cocoa powder, stir
- Incorporate the egg whites and stir slowly, trying not ot break the egg whites
- Pour the dough into the greased baking pan
- Cook in the oven at 150°C for 30 minutes
Keep refrigerated one hour before serving.
A drop or two of vanilla extract can bring a nice extra flavour.
Athletes can use this cake as a snack after a physical effort